When you have 15 minutes up your sleeve, I highly recommend trying out these pancakes. You don't need any fancy ingredients or fancy kitchen utensils - all you need is just a little bit of love!
I am not going to be annoying and write my life story before you can get to the recipe, so here it is...
High Protein Tiramisu Pancakes!
Preparation Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
For the pancakes
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 scoop (25g) Formulite vanilla protein powder (you can omit)
2 Tablespoons flaxseeds
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon granulated coffee
1 large egg
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cocoa powder for dusting
For the “cream” filling
For the pancakes
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. In a small food processor or blender, ground oats and flaxseeds into flour.
3. Combine oat flour, flaxseeds, protein powder, baking powder and coffee in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg white until frothy.
5. Add the water and vanilla extract to the egg and stir. Then add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
6. Stir until the dry and wet ingredients are incorporated well.
7. Let batter sit at least 5 minutes before continuing.
8. Spoon batter onto the pan, forming 3 medium-sized pancakes.
9. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown with crisp edges.
For the "cream" filling
1. Mix together the yoghurt and vanilla extract.
2. Layer 1/3 of the mixture on each pancake, then place pancakes on top of each other.
3. Dust the cocoa powder all over
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...
Sugar: 5.4g (naturally derived from the yoghurt)
Saturated fat: 2g
Fibre: 11.2g (hello gut health!)
Joyce Haddad, Director of A Dietitian's Mission, is an Adelaide based Dietitian, Nutritionist and Master Personal Trainer with a passion for health and wellbeing. ADM aims to help the public make informed and realistic nutritional choices and ensure everyone has a healthy relationship with their body and with food.