PREPARATION: 5 minutes
COOKING: 10 minutes
4 large eggs
2 Tb chopped fresh chervil
2 Tb chopped fresh tarragon
2 Tb fresh chives
2 Tb water
120g sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tb olive oil
salt & pepper
1) Crack eggs into a large bowl and add the chervil, tarragon, chives, water, and salt & pepper to taste. Beat well and set aside.
2) Grab your favourite non-stick pan and place on medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook until the mushrooms have softened and their juice has evaporated. Place mushroom and garlic in a separate bowl and set aside.
3) Wipe the pan with a paper towel. Place the pan back on high heat and add the olive oil and egg mixture. Tilt the pan to ensure the eggs are spread across the surface of the pan.
4) Once the omelette holds together, leave it on heat for a further 30 seconds. Scatter the mushrooms along the middle of the omelette. Using a spatula, fold the outside third of the omelette into the centre over the mushrooms, then fold the opposite third over that (it should look like a wrap).
5) Gently remove the omelette off of the pan and serve with a side of fresh baby tomatoes and spinach.
Joyce Haddad, Director of A Dietitian's Mission, is an Adelaide based Dietitian/Nutritionist and Master Personal Trainer with a passion for health and wellbeing. ADM aims to help the public make informed and realistic nutritional choices and ensure everyone has a healthy relationship with their body and with food.